Know Hope





Catalog #23
Know Hope
http://www.thisislimbo.com/
Messenger Bird
Estimated Value: 900 USD

About the Artist:
21-year-old Know Hope was born in California and currently resides in Tel Aviv, Israel. Wise beyond his years, the young artist has been working in the streets since his teens, as well as participating in exhibitions in Israel and the US. "I can't exactly say what kind of social conscience I have, but I do like to think that I react to my surroundings, from some point of observing and suggesting recollections and some sort of subtle commentary on what I pick up," he says. "From these observations, I try to figure out the most basic and even simplistic components and aspects that compose our reality and the forms of communication/miscommunication that are happening all around us at any given time." Know Hope is inspired by "the awkward struggle of everyday life as a common denominator and as something that happens in real time. The idea that everything is temporary, both physically and metaphorically. Electricity poles and their power lines, and the personification of those elements. Everyday urban surroundings." Through his work, he hopes "to move heavy hearts at least one inch to the side by confessing that I'm petrified and secretly in love with the world."