Catalog #7Boaz Vaadia
www.vaadia.com
Sara
2002, Plaster, #2 A/P Edition of 9 + 3 A/P
12.5 x 9 x 6 inches
Estimated Value: 4200 USD
About the Artist:
Boaz Vaadia is an internationally recognized sculptor that has been working in New York City for over 30 years. Vaadia’s work is sited in various pubic locations, such as the Time Warner Center, NYC, and included in many museums and private collections throughout the world, such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC, MOMA, San Francisco, Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Museum, Japan, and The Israel Museum, Jerusalem. Vaadia says of his work, “I work with nature as a equal partner, that’s still the strongest thing I deal with today, that primal connection of man to earth. It’s in the material I use, the environments I make and the way I work.”
About the Artwork:
“Sara” is a plaster cast portrait of my youngest daughter, Sara, and it served as a study for a small and a large stone sculpture. Donating this sculpture of my daughter to Elem made sense to me as it is an organization that benefits youth in Israel.