Hadas Shapsa

Catalog #15
Hadas Shapsa
Estimated Value: TBD

About the Artist:

I was born in 1990 in Petach Tiqwa, Israel and have been painting ever since I was little. I focused on studying art in high school during the years of 2006-2008, there my studies were art-oriented. Today I spend most of my spare time before my induction to the army in painting for fun, using mostly acrylic colors on canvas and walls. In addition, I was very active in the Israeli Scouts during the years of 2000-2008, there I was the only in charge of the artistic side of summer camps (planning and designing the structures), plus all kinds of projects involving decoration. This year I also participated in Airbrush professional course, which is a unique form of wall painting, requiring a special technique.

About the Artwork:

This work expresses the girls' feelings from my point of view, a girl around her age who is living in Israel. Her inner world is black and dark comparing to the noise around her, the way she experiences it. Her actions and emotions moves from extremeness to confusion due to her frustrating situation and the young age she's at, in which she is being forced to handle those issues while taking care of her most basic needs as a human being, and survive.